Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cooking With Chopin

(Right, well, before I get started with all this blogging business, I would love nothing more than to give a shout-out and a huge "Arigatou Gozaimasu" to my dear friend, Ashley, for putting up with my crazy schemes and ridiculously time-consuming blog layout. =D You continually amaze me, friend. Je t'aime.)

Now then, to start, I would like to begin with this factual statement: I hate, nay, detest, nay, loath winter.
There are few things in this world that I dislike more, (but we'll save those for a later date).

The few joys I do find in this grim, bleak season is the food, and the clothing. (Tailored long-sleeved shirts and pea-coats are always fashionable, and dare I say, sexy? And the food, well, how can you go wrong with cup o' noodles, and a tall glass of hot chocolat?)


On this particularly cold evening, "Chicken and Potato Dumpling Soup", was on the brain. And who better to cook it with than old, musical friends of mine: Frederic Chopin, Ludwig van Beethoven and Johannes Brahms.

Their wisdom is invaluable.

Chopin: Spice it up with some violin.
Beethoven: Let it simmer with just a touch of "Fur Elise".
Brahms: ... needs salt.

Ah, how would I cook without you, my friends? Truly, you are wondrous in what you do best: entertaining me whilst I parade around the kitchen, as I pretend to know what I'm doing. My thanks.

(Image via WeHeartIt)

4 comments:

liz said...

I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what a beautiful blog!!! oh my, i'm so excited to read all your posts!!! oh, what delights!!! and what a great first post. love, love LOVE it!! and you. i like you too. :D

maybe if i had something worth saying, i would make one too. and maybe if i had someone who could help make it pretty....hmmmm.... ... ... :D

love you erin!!! can't WAIT to read more!!!

love you, love liz.

liz said...

so i just had to hurry and leave that comment because i was bursting with happiness. and now that i've taken the time to notice the little nuances of your page, i have to comment on them too. :D love the "brewed by". and "this is my face. deal with it." hahahaha! but my favorite part is definitely "flying solo...it saves on airfare". HAHA!!! :D i can't wait for the day that you get married. your whole layout will be ruined!!! :P


buuuuuut anyways. i love you. :D

ps: my cooking friends would say, "needs more METAL!!!!!" hahaha!! thank you, disturbed. :]

liz. said...

one last thing:

TOTORO CUP!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!


:]

Ashley Serena said...

Hurray, your blog is up! I loved cooking to Mr. Chopin... 'twas a brand new experience for me. :) And what a yummy, sleepy soup we brewed! <3